Monday, November 21, 2005

Interesting E-Book on Internet Promotions and Marketing

Like most internet publishers and entrepeneurs channeling the internet for new ideas and new sources of revenue, I have purchased and read numerous e-books on any subject matter relevant to my interests. Unfortunately the majority of them are not really worth the asking price, and the worst part is you never know until after you purchase the information. Today, I came across an interesting website, that led me to once again liberate funds from my debit card via Paypal to see if there was anything worthwhile in learning from this new source. The website is The Rich Jerk. If you can get past the sheer arrogance of the sites creator, the e-book for sale on his site is absolutely fantastic. Whether you are a novice at internet marketing, or a seasoned vertran, the publication is loaded with practical, well documented information that is easy to read and digest. I read the e-book in about an hour, and was so impressed with it, I printed it out for my 68yo father to read. My father ran a brick and mortar retail business for 35 years, and I've had a hard time teaching him about internet marketing due to his lack of computer skills, but the information contained in The Rich Jerk' s e-book made sense to him, and it was worth the money to see the old guy get so excited about something so foreign to him as internet marketing. I now have my dad talking about AdSense, keywords, SEO, etc... The small cooking website I set up for him to maintain as a hobby Recipe Bits is getting a lot of attention from him and now I don't have to get frustrated explaining to him that I'm not just "playing with the computer" when I'm working on my business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home